There were plenty of winners and losers Tuesday night.
The 2018 NBA Draft lottery provided plenty of excitement as the ping pong balls delivered a big shakeup in the draft order.
With the worst record in the NBA this past season, the Phoenix Suns’ most important victory finally came as the franchise secured the top pick in the 2018 NBA draft lottery.
In the 50-year existence of the franchise, Phoenix has made 302 picks, but have never had the No. 1 overall pick. That will all change come draft day on June 21 at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York.
This is the fourth straight season in which the team with the best chance to end up with the No. 1 selection got the top spot.
The Sacramento Kings will select second and the Atlanta Hawks will go third to round out the top three. The Memphis Grizzlies and the Dallas Mavericks, which expected to go 2-3, slid to No. 4 and No. 5 as the ping pong balls did not bounce their way.
Here is the full list of the NBA Draft order:
8. Cleveland (from Brooklyn via Boston)
9. New York
10. Philadelphia (from Los Angeles Lakers via Phoenix)
12. LA Clippers (from Detroit)
13. LA Clippers
16. Phoenix (from Miami)
18. San Antonio
19. Atlanta (from Minnesota)
20. Minnesota (from Oklahoma City via Utah)
22. Chicago (from New Orleans)
25. Los Angeles Lakers (from Cleveland)
28. Golden State
29. Brooklyn (from Toronto)
30. Atlanta (from Houston via LA Clippers)
36. New York (from Chicago via Oklahoma City)
38. Philadelphia (from Brooklyn)
39. Philadelphia (from New York)
40. Brooklyn (from Los Angeles Lakers via Toronto and Orlando)
41. Orlando (from Charlotte via Phoenix and Memphis)
43. Denver (from LA Clippers via New York and Philadelphia)
45. Brooklyn (from Milwaukee)
46. Houston (from Miami via Memphis)
47. Los Angeles Lakers (from Denver via Chicago and Utah)
49. San Antonio
51. New Orleans
53. Oklahoma City
54. Dallas (from Portland via Denver)
55. Charlotte (from Cleveland via Brooklyn and Philadelphia)
57. Oklahoma City (from Boston)
58. Denver (from Golden State)
59. Phoenix (from Toronto)
60. Philadelphia (from Houston)